Let the Ideas Flow
Brainstorming Can Bring Out Your Best
Need marketing ideas for a new product? Don't know how best to communicate a new business initiative? There's no need to act alone! Brainstorming is a group activity dedicated to the principle that many minds are better than one.
The beauty of brainstorming is its simplicity. Just follow these six simple steps to a productive brainstorming session:
Berry Associates has been organizing brainstorming sessions for over 25 years. We'll gather your best minds and combine them with our team -- and watch the creative fireworks fly! When the dust settles, we'll provide you with a plan of action for your toughest communication challenges.
- Designate a leader. This person should facilitate ideas without limiting participation or enthusiasm.
- Invite participants with a wide range of backgrounds and points of view.
- Assign a recorder to write ideas where all can see them.
- Decide on a time limit - enough time so that the group can warm up, but short enough to prevent dropping out.
- Identify the central problem or idea.
- Explain the ground rules:
- There are no bad ideas! -- When a teammate has a fresh idea on how to accomplish a project, give it a chance. "Nutty" ideas may lead to the perfect solution.
- Let the ideas flow - This is a time where people don't need to "take turns."
- Stay true to your team -- Acknowledge team members who contribute. Give credit to all participants, not just the most vocal.